Sunday, August 2, 2015

my twenty somethings ...

I have thirteen more days until my twenty somethings are a year closer to my dirty thirty.
I never understood what the big deal was with age until three days ago when i rewatched the Friends episode, "The One Where They All Turn Thirty." It finally hit me. I DO NOT WANT TO TURN THIRTY.
How do I avoid it? Can I skip it?  If I don't look thirty does that make it so I am not?

Really Rose? This is real life bitch.

Ugh.  It is just that there is something calming about still knowing I am in my twenties.... like I still have time....

Time for what you ask?!? I have no fucking clue. 
I mean clearly, I have had a baby, I have been in a committed relationship for nine years, I finished school and am about to finish grad school, and I am house hunting. I don't feel like I am behind in where I wanted to be in life... 

Perhaps it is just the thought that I still have time to be young? Lol. Because you know, 30 = old? 
I don't know. I know for sure I am not the only one either. Everyone I know gets their feelings hurt when I remind them that we are damn near 30. I think it is just a common fear when you are in your twenty somethings.  
 It's because at 21, turning 30 is so fucking far away.
No one ever tells you that it is all down hill after your 21st birthday.... I mean someone once told me, but you just figure it's an old person's bitter response to that fact that you are turning 21 and they are old as shit, LOL.
No one ever tells you that you spend so much time hanging with friends, taking trips, running a muck and fucking around between 22 to 25 that you turn 26 in the blink of an eye. And then by then, 30 is only 4 years away -__- .

I am not angry or bitter. I guess I am just scared. 30 is a whole other field of age that I have to get used to.  It's a decade that I am walking into blind after my 20s was so fucking beautiful, fun, relaxed, and full of growth.
What can my 30s possibly teach me?

Better yet, fuck what my 30s can teach me, I just want to be 24 again, lol!

Just kidding. I am sure it will have it's perks. I am just being a crybaby.

Plus, I have 2 more years.... in THIRTEEN more days.
wah.


"We had a deal, let the others grow old, not me!"


 


#ageaintnothinbutanumber 
#dontsayitoutloudthough


No comments:

Post a Comment