Wednesday, January 26, 2011

a wise man once said....

Today, a very interesting question came to topic between a friend and I.  He asked me if I had hit "a mid-life crisis yet."  Not surprisingly, as I re evaluated my life in 2 seconds, I admitted I had.  He tried the comforting route, saying that I am alive and healthy and that is what is important.  I started to describe some of the issues in my life, and he quickly interrupted me saying:

"Life isn't all unicorns and rainbows Rose."

Well no effing SHIT sherlock, lol.

I know he is right.  It's just sometimes annoying to hear and face.  I think that this is something people should think about daily.  I slightly made fun of him for giving such dull life advise, especially because he bragged about using this line quite often to his "lady friends".  I just poked fun because he called them "lady friends". 

 Truthfully, this is a very straight forward and useful bit of life advise.  Remember how I said I envied my family and friends in Seattle because most of them don't sweat the little things?  Well when my friend relayed this line to me, I felt a slight twitch run through my body.  
I somehow forgot the new way I wanted to live. 
The LA lifestyle may be one that is quick and passes you by, but I figure if you take a slightly different approach to life, it may not be as fast as it seems.  You may be able to dodge some of the life that keeps running you down.

Life is always going to be rough, and you'll always like the rainbows and unicorns part.....
But it will always include the broken hearts, the family feuds, the lonely nights, the backstabbing friends, the horrible job, and the COMPLETE and ANNOYING feeling of failure...

Don't sweat it, just duck out for a few minutes until it passes, the good always follows the bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment